A carbon credit offsets the emissions from one source by the emission reduction or sequestration of carbon dioxide (CO₂) from the atmosphere from another source.
what is a carbon credit?
Before we started burning a lot of fossil fuels
We all use fossil fuels
The only way to remove and store CO₂ already in the air
CO₂ Forestry credits help to rebalance the planet
why offset my carbon footprint?
- Yes, quality matters!
- CO₂ Forestry Credits are some of the highest quality credits on the market today.
- What does that mean?
- Credits are developed to a very high standard – Voluntary Carbon Standard (VCS)
- Also they have the Climate, Community and Biodiversity (CCB) certification
- The credits are third-party verified
- The credits are permanently retired on the APX market click for more info
- Transparent process
the tech behind it
Trees breathe in CO₂ and exhale oxygen. It’s simple; we all learned that in grade school. The carbon (C) is removed from the atmosphere and stored in the tree. About ½ the dry weight of a tree is stored carbon. It is a technology that has been in place for billions of years. Forestry is the only proven technology to remove CO₂ on a global scale from the atmosphere and store it. What could be more important than efforts to value, protect and rebuild the global forest infrastructure?
Make CO₂ Forestry credits a part of your solution to a changing climate.
Read more about photosynthesis.